FDR

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
California has estimated the average residential duct loss there to be
in the 30% range. Based on what we see in NY that seems reasonable to
me.

Sounds about right. In the winter in NY here the one side of the house
nearest the furnace blows out 120F while the other end of the house blows
out 90F.

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 00:39:38 -0700, "Phil Scott"
wrote:

However there are losses with duct work in a central AC that
you dont have in window AC. (depending on duct leaks etc etc.
in the 5 to 10% range...not so good actually)

--
Never mind the facts - I know what I know