TURTLE

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Window shakers come in assortment of efficiency. But, overall, I believe
that central AC is more efficient.

Please ask your installer for:
* Rotary compressor
* TXV coil

Expect to pay a couple dollars more than a piston compressor and orifice
coil. But, will pay for itself in efficiency.

--

Christopher A. Young

Rotary compressor in a central AC unit?? That I gotta see!
Window shaker or a mini split perhaps, but not on a typical central air.
Greg

This is Turtle.

hey , there was a company that started using rotory compressors in central units
back about 20+ years ago and their name was Fedders corp.. They started putting
the rotory compressors in their central units and due to the 100% failure rate,
they went belly up or bankrupt in 3 years after starting to put them in the
central units.

The problem was this as to the 100% failure rates . The Mass of the shell of the
compressors over 2 1/2 tons was too big to let all the heat out and not heat up
too much and burn it's self up. By Now a days they must have design it right to
do it by now.

TURTLE