Stormin Mormon

The way I figure it, rotary means that the armature and assembly goes
around, rather than recip back and forth. Scroll is one of the types of
rotating compressors.

Though, most guys in the trade would see it your way.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RP" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Window shakers come in assortment of efficiency. But, overall, I believe
that central AC is more efficient.

Please ask your installer for:
* Rotary compressor

If you're shopping for a central AC unit, do not ask for a rotary
compressor. You'll get a curious look from the salesman.
Most geo units and most window units come with rotary compressors,
central units no.
Did you mean *scroll*?

* TXV coil

Yes to this. Demand a TXV coil.

Expect to pay a couple dollars more than a piston compressor and orifice
coil. But, will pay for itself in efficiency.

hvacrmedic