TURTLE

"RP" wrote in message

RP wrote:

TURTLE wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

Installing central air costs a lot of money. Once it's installed, the
cost of running it is less than the cost of what you have now.
However, it would take more than 30 years to make up the cost. It
could even take more than 100 years. In other words, if it costs you
$1000 a year to run window units and $800 a year to run central air
that's a savings of $200. However, if central air costs $6,000 to
install, it will take 30 years times $200 a year for you to get your
money back.
So if you are comfortable now, don't change. If you are hot now,
consider the money.

This is Turtle.

If you think a standard hvac system would cost about $6K. I need to move my
business to your area and open back up for I like the way you think.

Are you still in the business Turtle? 6K is a normal median price. Some are
less, some more. You can't touch an Infinity system for 6K, nor even just a
13SEER 410-A over 3.5 tons.

BTW, given that the OP apparently needs ductwork too, well, Awwwwww

hvacrmedic

This is Turtle.

I don't know of any single hvac system that cost $6K as of now or in history of
Oakdale.

There is 3 -- 410-A systems in oakdale and all 3 of them are not working. We had
a local install them and they don't work right. He has not got paid for them yet
and is being sued.

The highest bid i know of was $5,300.00 for a 5 ton 13 seer rheem heat pump for
a small Church and plenty of ductwork.

now if you get commercially the money goes up and $6K is nothing for a job. Now
all residentiually job are poor boy stuff and is low ball, city. We have one
hvac fellow who trys to get $250.00 off a complete system change out of 4 or 5
tons.

TURTLE