Capitol

Nick Atty wrote:

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:20:36 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

Bear in mind, that Converta sockets are fused at 13A for the total

You sure about that? A while ago I temporarily converted a single to a
double (when I redecorated I sunk it properly) with something that was a
plastic box with a metal backplate. It screwed onto the box in place of
the single socket, then you wired a double into it.

Aren't Convertas just like that - a frame to allow you to put a 2 or 3
surface mounted over a single flush box?

If I've understood what your electricians proposed correctly, then, no.
Converta sockets fit directly into the existing wall box and are
available as 2 way and 3 way but have their own 13A fuses, the same as a
good 4 x 13A extension block. See Toolstation 89978.

Regards
Capitol