**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Try this link below to a thread describing the wiring. Also CFR47 Part
68.306 may give an idea as to the voltage range. I think about 300 volts
is lower limit of these devices. They are troublesome. Several occasions
I have had phone lines with hum problems go unresolved until a
knowledgeable "phone man" replaced the cartridges.

http://www.mailarchive.ca/lists/comp...0-09/0046.html

Bob Shuman wrote:

Looking for whatever information I can find (schematic, assembly drawing,
component listing, experts with knowledge of internals) on the following 40
or so year old component:

25 Line Carbon Lightning Arrestor/Protection #134A1A-25 that was
manufactured by Western Electric (manufacturing arm of the Bell System -
pre-AT&T divestiture) in the USA.

If anyone has information or can point me to a source for that information
it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob S.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.