Eric and Megan Swope

It is only about 8 inches by 7 inches. I priced it at the hardware for a
piece the above dimensions, 1/8 inch thick, and it was a 1.20. I'll
probably go this route with this, but was just looking for ideas as well in
case it would be in a larger piece of glass such as one of my house windows
which instead of individual panes are a large piece.

"Ulysses" wrote in message

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Thanks guys. This scratch is in a window pane in my shed, so would the
windshield repair kit, or the glass polishing kit from jc whitney work
the
same even though it isn't a windshield?

Thanks.
Eric

Cerium oxide and a hard felt wheel (like others have said) is what
glassworkers use to polish beveled glass etc. However, window glass may
be
harder than 1/4" plate glass and may be harder than windshield glass. I
have attempted in the past to polish out a scratch in window glass without
very good results. I have also polished beveled glass and it turned out
perfect.

How big of a window are we talking about? It might be easier just to
replace the glass.

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

rider89 wrote:

they used to sell kits at auto supply stores for this purpose.
haven't noticed lately if they still do.

bill

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message

Hi. Other than replacing the entire pane of glass, does anyone have
products or methods they use to repair scratches in glass? The

scratch
is not able to be felt with my fingernail, so I think if there is a
polishing compound or something like that it might work. Thanks for
any ideas.
Eric

What you need is this glass polishing kit from JC Whitney:

http://tinyurl.com/8hefs

It's just cerium oxide polish and a hard felt buff....Those things
haven't changed much in a long time....

A bit pricey, but I got one earlier this year to remove some

"windshield
blade" scratches from the kid's car and it worked "slicker than snot
on

brass doorknob".

You need an electric srill of course...

HTH,

Jeff

P.S.

I fergot to add:

If you're in Red Sox country, I'd be glad to let you borrow my
polishing
kit, just e-mail me.

--
Jeffry Wisnia