John Gilmer

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:WbGIe.117643$5V4.79849@pd7tw3no...
Just wondering.. the wife and I love Slurpee's, but an ice shaver just
doesn't cut it at home.

Is there a residential version of these slush machines out there?

If you just want to grind ice for an "snow cone" you can get a gadget from
Wally World for about $20. They have a more expensive one for a little
more and the main difference is that the cheaper one says you have you use a
special mold for the ice. I found in practice that you don't need the
special round ice block but can get away with ice from the ice maker.

The "Slurpee" machine has a metal cylinder that is kept well below freezing
temperature. A rotaing set of knives keeps scraping off the ice as it
forms. I have never seen a "home version" of these machines. You might be
able to get a used one someplace.