andrewpreece

"rjs" wrote in message
My boiler seems to be leaking from the heat exchanger.

Is replacement within the DIY capability - no areas of gas control are
involved in the job as far as I can tell.

Ta Richard

Very probably, see if you can source the part on the web first, assuming it
is the heat exchanger that is corroded, and not just a loose nut. You will
need
to drain the primary loop first, as water will gush out when you remove the
exchanger, and fill it back up + corrosion inhibitor when finished.

Eyeball the job before you start, make sure you know what needs to be done,
make the boiler safe i.e. switch off the electricity supply to it if it uses
one etc.

If you give the details of your boiler someone might be able to offer more
specific info.

Andy.