Mike Deblis

Default LED lighting for stair treads...

Hi,

I'm looking for suitable LED lighting to put in the stringer to light every
2 or 3 treads on the stairs in our rebuild - about 6 lights in total. The
staircase is not in yet, so I can pretty much do what I want.

Ideally, we are looking for very low level lighting that is robust
(kick/bash-with-vacuum-cleaner-proof) and which has a shallow fitting.
because there is a cupboard under the stairs, we can hide the transformer in
there. We are intending to use ZUL202 series lights elsewhere as night-time
lighting for the hall & passageways. I have thought about decking lights,
but they tend to be quite chunky and the choice is huge. The lights would
have to have round fittings probably as square ones would look odd stuck in
a stringer. They also have to be fairly small diameter so as not to weaken
the stringer (my builder says), so the ZUL series stuff is too big anyway...

So, what are people's view/experiences of this - is it a dumb idea - I think
it might look quite cool at night... what units might do the trick?

Thanks

Mike