Don Bowey

On 8/4/05 9:21 PM, in article ,
"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote:

I remember the FCC Part 68 had details for a lot of devices. You might
check CFR47 Part 68

Bob Shuman wrote:

Looking for whatever information I can find (schematic, assembly drawing,
component listing, experts with knowledge of internals) on the following 40
or so year old component:

25 Line Carbon Lightning Arrestor/Protection #134A1A-25 that was
manufactured by Western Electric (manufacturing arm of the Bell System -
pre-AT&T divestiture) in the USA.

If anyone has information or can point me to a source for that information
it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob S.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT

Hey, we're cuzzins. I was W7SAT in another lifetime.

He won't find the protectors in Part 68.

What he has is the device Telco cable pairs are permanently wired to, to
protect people and equipment from high voltage in the event of a lightning
strike or having a cable cross with AC power. I don't have any info left to
see what type it is; they came in many configurations..

It is also used at large customer premises for the same purpose, still as
telco equipment.

Don