Gunner

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:31:18 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Luds wrote:

Hello,

Trying my hand at TIG welding, and keep melting the Tungsten. Setup is
Dynasty 200DX with Coolmate, Water Cooled Torch, tried different
diameter electrodes, welding mild steel, setup according to manual
along with rod diameter selection, DCEN seting. The electrode always
melts before I can form a large enough pool to form the weld. Any
thoughts what I can be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Luds

Do you have the polarity backwards ?
Martin

That would be my guess, too.

Harold

I found that out..the same way I found out how to melt an
endmill....sigh

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli