MTLnews

If you use and SDS chuck style hammer drill, then I agree.
However for a simple job like this, I've frequently used any el-cheapo
masonary bits with my el-cheapo hammer drill. Sure beets using them with a
regular drill.
OK fine, the masonary bit won't last too long, but who cares for el-cheapo
bits anyhow.. They last long enough to justify thier price...

Get a few anchor bolts, make a template of your hole layout, use the right
sized drill (depending on anchor size), make your holes in your concrete
surface, insert sleave/bold into hole, place your panel over it and tighten
in place with washers and nuts... It isn't going anywhere even in a
storm... To assure no water leakage, insert some silicon in the holes
before insertsing anchor bolt/sleave to keap the water from seeping in.

Good Luck..
-Tony

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message

First, you need your Landlord's permission. Then, if okay, you'll want
a hammer drill, and a masonry bit of the correct size for your
fasteners. Think about where in the block you're drilling, and mount
your panel accordingly. Tom

if he uses a hammer drill, then he will need a hammer drill bit. A
masonry bit is different and goes in a regular drill. Unless they have
masonry bits for hammer drills which I didnt see when I bought my bit.

if no hammer drill just get regular drill with masonry bit and expect to
be drilling for about 10 minutes.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

For a free Java interface to Freechess.org see
http://www.rigidsoftware.com/Chess/chess.html