CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

tom wrote:
Someone wrote: I am considering mounting a small solar panel to the
outside of my (rented) flat. The neighbours have satellite teevee
dishes, so there shouldn't be any objections.I'm not sure of all the
layers on top, but I think that the building is basically made of
concrete blocks.Do I need a special drill bit?
And what sort of anchoring fixtures should be used? The panel needs to
be stable, and stay on in strong winds, but is fairly light (maybe just
a few kilos?)

First, you need your Landlord's permission. Then, if okay, you'll want
a hammer drill, and a masonry bit of the correct size for your
fasteners. Think about where in the block you're drilling, and mount
your panel accordingly. Tom

if he uses a hammer drill, then he will need a hammer drill bit. A
masonry bit is different and goes in a regular drill. Unless they have
masonry bits for hammer drills which I didnt see when I bought my bit.

if no hammer drill just get regular drill with masonry bit and expect to
be drilling for about 10 minutes.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

For a free Java interface to Freechess.org see
http://www.rigidsoftware.com/Chess/chess.html