DBLEXPOSURE

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:24:43 -0500, "DBLEXPOSURE"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:16:17 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

---
Now _that's_ funny! I think what you meant to say was
"reprehensible" instead of "beyond reproach". Think about it.

In any case, I wasn't insulting your service and I apologize if you
took it that way. What I was trying to do was make the point that
if you fought for free speech and then want to deny me mine because
you don't like the way I write, you're on the same track as those
you fought against.

No Sir, You have an absolute right to speak you mind, as I said
before.
However, we must all keep in mind that free speech comes with a
responsibilty. I don't care if you stop or if you continue, I only
wish
you would choose your words with a little respect.

---
I have nothing but contempt for SPAMmers and, hopefully, my dialogue
will indicate that I feel that they should all be in their graves.

To belabor a point, the poster selling books wasn't interested in
helping anyone out but himself. Was there a student discount
offered? No. Was there a newbie discount offered? No.

Clearly, all he was interested in was getting rid of some stock he
acquired for next to nothing for something more than that.
---

It certainly seems that you are not an uneducated man. Why do you take
such
pleasure in putting others down?

---
Ah, the crux of the matter!

The fact is, I don't, but what rankles me is that when
self-important, know-nothing idiots start trying to fool everyone
into believing that their way is the right way and they can't back
it up with something other than opinion, then I like to challenge
that stance.

BTW, Apology appreciated.

---
My pleasure!

---
Oops, _serious_ grammar errors on my part. Do it matter?^)

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

---------------

Now _that's_ funny! I think what you meant to say was
"reprehensible" instead of "beyond reproach". Think about it.

Yes, Reprehensible, I'll give you that.

The fact is, I don't, but what rankles me is that when
self-important, know-nothing idiots start trying to fool everyone
into believing that their way is the right way and they can't back
it up with something other than opinion, then I like to challenge
that stance.

We are all self-important, think about it.

---
I don't believe that's true. Some people don't even consider
themselves worthwhile, let alone important, but but the sense I was
trying to convey was one of exaggerated importance, or unwarranted
self-importance, if you will. But I understand your point.
---

If someone has a different understanding of a fact or even an incorrect
understanding that doesn't make he/she a know-nothing idiot, you like to
split hairs John, even a cockroach surely knows something.

---
LOL, in one breath you chastise me for splitting hairs and then you
do the same thing (split hairs) with your cockroach example.
Shouldn't it be tit for tat?
---

When you let fly with the insults you are no longer challenging their
stance,
your loosing control.

---
I suspect that what you're saying is that if _you_ let an insult fly
that would indicate a loss of control on your part. That may very
well be true for _you_, but it doesn't mean that _I_ have to suffer
with that limitation. I see insults as tools (or weapons, if you
like) to be used to evoke desired emotional responses from
opponents. Anger, primarily, accompanied by the opponent's
frustration in not being able to return a superior insult if the
received insult was crafted skillfully enough.

Did you feel a little twinge when you read the part about "suffering
with that limitation"? That's how it works, and normally it would
have been issued If I felt I had been challenged by your taking the
position that I don't know what I'm doing. In this instance,
though, it was just an example.
---

You do take pleasure in putting others down.
If there was no pleasure in it, why do it?

---
I take pleasure in being able to stand my ground and defend my
position, and in this medium, which is infested with bullies and
trolls, the only weapons we have to take them out with is words and
the effects they have on their minds.

I also take pleasure in banter, just for the sport of it, if it's
not insipid.
---

What comes around goes around. Life has a weird way of doing that.
Perhaps
this kid today, with the missing electrolyte, will be in a position to
make
a decision someday. Your name comes up as a potential contractor for a
new
design. He **** cans your proposal and you never know why you didn't get
the job. Sounds like I'm reaching, I know, but it happens more than you
might think. Or the guy with the dam books, maybe he works for Northrop
Grumman. Hell, how about me, you have no idea who I am....

---
Nor do I care.

I'm not here looking for a job or trying to be politically correct
because kissing someone's ass might be expedient for some pecuniary
gain downstream, I'm here to help out anyone I can who has a design
problem and needs a solution.

As far as that electrolyte thing goes, all that happened was that he
got ****ed because I told him he was wrong and left it for him to
find out why. I do the asshole a favor, and he gets ****ed because
I didn't do him a big enough favor? **** him.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

----------------
---
LOL, in one breath you chastise me for splitting hairs and then you
do the same thing (split hairs) with your cockroach example.
Shouldn't it be tit for tat?
---

I wasn't chastising you, I said, "you like to split hairs John", so I split
one too.

---
I don't believe that's true. Some people don't even consider
themselves worthwhile, let alone important, but but the sense I was
trying to convey was one of exaggerated importance, or unwarranted
self-importance, if you will. But I understand your point.
---

You're starting to stutter. It could be sign of loosing control.. :^)
(Couldn't pass it up)

---
Did you feel a little twinge when you read the part about "suffering
with that limitation"? That's how it works, and normally it would
have been issued If I felt I had been challenged by your taking the
position that I don't know what I'm doing. In this instance,
though, it was just an example

----

No sir, I grinned.

---
I suspect that what you're saying is that if _you_ let an insult fly
that would indicate a loss of control on your part

---

I meant what I said.

----
As far as that electrolyte thing goes, all that happened was that he
got ****ed because I told him he was wrong and left it for him to
find out why. I do the asshole a favor, and he gets ****ed because
I didn't do him a big enough favor? **** him.

----

Was he? Seriously, I do not know.

Electric current can be used to slow or even stop the corrosion. With the
absence of an electrolyte and a voltage applied with the correct polarity,
would the reaction happen?