SteveB

"Phstpok" wrote in message

tom stubbed out the damp squib on 4/08/2005 2:12 p.m.and tried to bring to
our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
Someone wrote: I am considering mounting a small solar panel to the
outside of my (rented) flat. The neighbours have satellite teevee
dishes, so there shouldn't be any objections.I'm not sure of all the
layers on top, but I think that the building is basically made of
concrete blocks.Do I need a special drill bit?
And what sort of anchoring fixtures should be used? The panel needs to
be stable, and stay on in strong winds, but is fairly light (maybe just
a few kilos?)

First, you need your Landlord's permission. Then, if okay, you'll want
a hammer drill, and a masonry bit of the correct size for your
fasteners. Think about where in the block you're drilling, and mount
your panel accordingly. Tom

and there are quite a few mounting options, most involving a plug in the
concrete that expands as you tighten the bolt.

See your loal hardware shop.

Or just do what everyone else does ........ get a couple of nails, a hammer,
and Get - R - Done!

steve