SteveB

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
Hi, Everybody,

I am considering mounting a small solar panel to the
outside of my (rented) flat. The neighbours have
satellite teevee dishes, so there shouldn't be any
objections.

I'm not sure of all the layers on top, but I think that
the building is basically made of concrete blocks.

Do I need a special drill bit?

And what sort of anchoring fixtures should be used?
The panel needs to be stable, and stay on in strong
winds, but is fairly light (maybe just a few kilos?)

Thanks...

Use a masonry drill, and sleeve anchors. If the concrete blocks are
grouted, you can drill in anywhere. If they are not, you must drill in
where you will hit block .... at the ends or in the middle.

Be careful with sleeve anchors. Get your hole as deep as you need it. Put
the drill in and out a few times to clear out the debris from drilling. You
will get only one chance to get it right.

Steve