David Feyen

Default Clearance in front of elec meter?

I have two electric meters mounted on the exterior of my duplex. I am
looking to improve the landscaping along that area of the house and am
considering placing a 6 foot tall lattice fence in front of the meters to
conceal them along with the wiring. The fence would be hinged so that the
power company would have easy access to read the meter. Is there a minimum
distance I have to be from the meter or other clearance issues that I need
to be aware of? I will be calling the power co in the morning, but am
looking for any input here or other suggestions to help hide the meters.