NC

Default Painting copper pipe

Thanks for the advice. I will be trying to a metalic look when its finished,
and be spraying it before I fix it in place.

"Stephen Hull" wrote in message
In message
"NC" wrote:

[snip]

However you can paint copper piping quite successfully with almost
any household paint, You'll obviously need to key it first though.

Steve.

Key it ?! You mean rough it up so that the paint holds ?? How should
this be done ??

The preparation to the copper piping can be achieved simply by flatting
or rubbing with wet-or-dry paper, grade 600 or 800 would be sufficient
to provide a key or you could use a coarse scotch cloth which is a bit
like a kitchen scourer to reach the more difficult areas of the piping.
Of course you can always key the piping first before assembly if it
makes things easier.

When you mentioned a silver finish do you mean a *true* metallic
silver, A simple *grey* effect or a *chrome* type paint?.

Household paints in brushing metallic form are completely different to
car spray paint metallics and the chrome effect paint will also be in
aerosol form, To successfully apply a metallic it should be sprayed on.

Can you gain access to the piping when installed in order to paint it
satisfactorily or will you be painting it separately then assembling it
afterwards?.

Steve.

--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes