Martin H. Eastburn

Pete C. wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:16:10 GMT, Bert wrote:

If you have any artistic inclinations, poke around on
http://www.bonnydoonengineering.com/ to see some possible applications
of a press.

Bert

SomeBody wrote:

I'm about to move forward on a manually operated hydraulic press project
and was wondering some of the things that can be performed with such a
beast?

Hole punching? metal bending?

Know of any information out there that would be helpful?

What about making your own dies?

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity..what makes this worth $800 plus dollars?

http://www.bonnydoonengineering.com/...20tonMDS.shtml

Gunner

The fact that most artistic metalsmith types aren't aware that places
such as Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc. exist?
I suppose there is some value to it's small physical size, not reason to
take up the space of a 20T floor press if all you do is small stuff. I
think they also add a pressure gauge on some so you can keep track of
the force exerted.

Pete C.

These artists are depending on these machines. A HF or NT won't cut it
when making a 10,000 USD vase out of Sterling Silver.

I have been in his shop - I used to live down hill (physical) from him in Ca.
The presses are made there. Nice CNC operation and manual.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life