Mark

Agree with the other responders, with a couple of comments:
I used some Deft stuff that didn't smell like nitrocellulose
lacquer, didn't dry like it, didn't come off with lacquer
thinner and ruined a lot of hours of work. May have been
something else, but it spooked me and I use only Mohawk or
other things clearlmarked as to content.

Some of those of the clock persuasion are now using a poly
urethane clear finish, who am I to argue? Ditto for acrylic
lacquers. But I love nitro,
as it is very forgiving, fast drying and easy to strip if needed.

I sometimes use a hair dryer or heat gun to keep it from collecting
in concave grooves... / mark

nosmo wrote:
I have to polish some door hardware, solid brass, and then apply
some sort of aerosol product ( lacquer, poly etc ) to stop tarnish .
Any suggestions as to the type of product would be welcome

david