Dee

"Rod" wrote in message
. 4...
"Dee" wrote in
:

I have inherited an old card table (playing cards!).
It is a beautiful piece of furnitue but the green baize covering on
the table is in poor repair.
I want to replace it.
It looks like it is just a square of cloth 'stuck' onto the wood base.
But life is never that simple! Anyobe ever done this please?
Does the green cloth perchance come with a peel-off stickey back?
Probably not.
Glue?

Any advice on how to proceed much appreciated.

This is NOT advice - I *know* nothing. But I have a distant memory that,
traditionally, it was simply stuck on using something akin to wallpaper
paste! If so, it is likely that the paste would be applied to the table
and
allowed to dry out a bit before laying the baize onto it. There might have
been some specific way of trimming the cloth as well.

Such a simple solution would also have allowed later removal and
replacement. Which is where you came in...

Please have a good search round to get some real advice - I don't want to
have given you some duff info. And don't even think for half a nanosecond
that anything self-adhesive is usable.

--
Rod

Thanks Rod, yes, I think the secret is in the adhesive.
Also in getting a very neat edge cut where it butts against the wooden edge
trim.
I'll keep searching!!
Dee