Default MFI (a cautionary tale)

Hi,

One of those Victor Meldrew moments.....

We bought some fitted bedroom units from MFI in March this year. I
declined their offer to fit them since it would cost almost as much as
the units themselves! (and this is a diy group ;-)

Needless to say during fitting I discovered that the line of units
were actually _longer_ than my bedroom wall! At first I though I had
made a mistake but, no, they did not fit.

I telephoned the store and they admitted they had made a mistake in
the design. I visited the store to sort it out but, by then, they had
changed their minds and told me I would have to cut things down and
leave out panels to fit it. I did not agree to this but all they
would do was arrange a site visit.

Of course no-one turned up as arranged so I decided to resort to pen
and paper and wrote to the MFI branch and their head office asking
them to sort it out. They did not reply to either letter so I wrote a
strong legal style letter, sent registered post. They did not reply
to this either!!!!!!

" I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

I am so annoyed with MFI at the moment that I thought I would recount
my tale to as many people as possible. If, by chance, they decide to
take their business elsewhere I would not be dissapointed ;-)

The irony is that this situation could have been sorted out quickly
and easily at the beginning. However now I intend to use the law to
its full to obtain as much out of them as possible.

Mark.