Stuart Benoff

You mean fiberglass embedded in epoxy. Lasts about seven years in
immersion before it gets ugly and/or delaminates. (Remember
chattahoochee?)

Exactly. They use a fiberglass material and attach it to the existing
plaster (after roughing it up) using an epoxy. Then apply several coats
of a fiberglass resin, sand it smooth and apply a final clear/gloss
coat. They recommend removing the tiles and putting the fiberglass
right over the coping. This way, there are no gaps to crack or for water
to get in to. It also has a lifetime warranty against cracks and
leaks. Don't get me wrong - I'm not for it - just exploring the
options before diving in (pardon the pun). It's a pretty expensive
process but I'm just starting to get prices for plastering, tiling and
coping so I'm not sure how to compare it yet.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.