Michael A. Terrell

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:

Really, In my experiance, When you try and solder wires to a glass fuse,
the fuse element, which is soldered to the inside of the end cap, falls off
and the fuse is now trash...

I used to do it all the time to fast blow fuses. You had to file the
chrome off the end cap and use a large, hot soldering iron and work
fast. You don't want to heat up the solder inside, so you tin the wire
loop and leave a small ball of solder. After the chrome is removed you
put a drop of liquid rosin flux between the end of the fuse and the wire
with the ball of solder, then touch the ball of solder with the iron. I
used a 175 Watt Weller iron and it only took a second to flow the solder
to the cap. If you don't get the proper flow you let it cool then add
another drop of flux and try again. Once you have the hang of it, the
iron takes longer to heat than to do the rest of the job.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida