news.rcn.com

20 year old PTACs are hogs....to be honest.
Todays are not too bad, considering, however I still would rather have a
mini split ductless over those.

I absolutely agree and had been looking to see when a Chinese one was going
to surface on the US market with some reliability report somehwe But
wouldnt fitting one of these in a 17th floor apartment which had been fitted
with through the wall sleeved units be extraordinarily expensive, both as to
labour and cost of buying 4 units?
Umm..yea..:-)
I dunno about you, but I would hate to have about 40 gallons of water that
will be used to rinse the cleaner out all over them.

Now you have REALLY answered my question: This is the answer I was looking
for: All I need to ask is whether the company will need to take them out and
downstairs where there are facilities to clean them all over with 40 gallons
of whatever it is or not. If I can get a NO (out of the dispatcher????) to
this question, I can tell that they are going to do a perfunctory job and
continue my search for someone to do it properly. (they sound like a
reputable company which has taken over from the pathetically inept
manufacturer)

do NOT allow
a guy in your area by the name of Chris Young to service them....ever..for
anything.... (does he work in New York? I thought all the A/C cowboys
here were Israeli?)