My mom's Kenmore built-in microwave oven die recently.

My understanding is that the two common causes of
microwave oven failure are a blown fuse and and a
failed high-temperature sensor.

Didn't see a fuse in this one, though maybe there is
one way in the back, would a built-in typically have
a separate fuse or just rely on the house circuit breaker
like most other appliances?

I removed the temperature sensor from the top of
the oven. This is the high-temp safety switch, not
the food temperature sensor. Am I correct to
assume that if it is functional it will be normally closed?

As they say on the net, thanks in advance.

--

FF

If repair efforts fail or are a big hassle be aware that prices have
fallen drastically.

Lou