Art Todesco

Funny this appeared just now. A few
minutes ago, the microwave
was cooking and apparently (don't really
know) was programmed
with way too large time. Anyway the
food burned. I stopped the
oven with no problem. Everything seemed
ok, however, after about
5 minutes I heard a click and the
display blanked out. Everything
right now, is still hot. Do high
temperature sensors self reset? This
is a GE Profile built in.

wrote:
My mom's Kenmore built-in microwave oven die recently.

My understanding is that the two common causes of
microwave oven failure are a blown fuse and and a
failed high-temperature sensor.

Didn't see a fuse in this one, though maybe there is
one way in the back, would a built-in typically have
a separate fuse or just rely on the house circuit breaker
like most other appliances?

I removed the temperature sensor from the top of
the oven. This is the high-temp safety switch, not
the food temperature sensor. Am I correct to
assume that if it is functional it will be normally closed?

As they say on the net, thanks in advance.