SQLit

wrote in message
t...
Imagine a hypothetical situation where you have a load center for a Spa,
wherein it contains a 2-pole 30 amp GFCI breaker (for heater) and a 20 amp
2-pole GFCI breaker. The 2-20 amp can be tripped (from a short circuit)
independently of the other,

Personally I would want the whole thing to shut down not just individual
circuits. ( not a code requirement )

The last spa I worked on had a landing area for the incomming feeders and we
protected the whole thing at the panel with a gfci.
Every time I have seen multipule gfci's used it was either problematic or
coordination was impossible. (not speaking about adjustable breakers, just
residential )

I ran a #6 bond wire even though not required. Call me paranoid.

no trip bar connecting them, but when you hit
the GFCI trip button they both trip. This breaker operates the 110v loads
like the blower/light/ozanator etc. I've seen where, on some

installations,
instead of having individual GFCI breakers, The 60 amp main is GFCI. In
this case since there is no 220v neutral load from the heater, should I

use

Why would you want to do this? GFCI's measure imbalances in a circuit. Why
would you want to combine circuits? See above
the neutral load from the 110v stuff to hook to the 30 amp 220v GFCI. To

be
on the safe side I drove a new ground rod to compliment the cold water

What is the age of the home? Did your panel have an ground installed
already? (probably if cica ~1968 and newer) Were there 2 bare copper wires
in the panel? For an supplemental ground to be effective it needs to be
installed out of the sphere of grounding. example, ground rod 8 feet long so
the second ground rod would be installed a mininum of 8 feet way. If
installed closer then the new ground rod is not as effective as it could be.
I assume you used the same size wire as the water bond for you service.

ground and bonded it back to my service panel. I know there was life and
hot tubs before GFCI, I just want to get the opinion of someone who knows.
No offense Todd H. (my smart-ass young poster) but this is not you. I
appreciate the Yellow pages advise but it wasn't really helpful

My suggestion is to protect the panel with a GFCI and use regular breakers
for the other loads. AND seek local professional help. Hypothetically you
have a situation brewing here.