RBM

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but your description doesn't sound
accurate. Like I said previously, you DON'T drive ground rods to protect a
tub or the related equipment. You also don't connect the neutral from a GFCI
breaker to something it is not protecting. If it is a straight 240 volt
heater, it doesn't use a neutral so you don't have one to connect. It does
however sound like you may have a defective GFCI breaker

wrote in message
t...
Imagine a hypothetical situation where you have a load center for a Spa,
wherein it contains a 2-pole 30 amp GFCI breaker (for heater) and a 20 amp
2-pole GFCI breaker. The 2-20 amp can be tripped (from a short circuit)
independently of the other, no trip bar connecting them, but when you hit
the GFCI trip button they both trip. This breaker operates the 110v loads
like the blower/light/ozanator etc. I've seen where, on some
installations, instead of having individual GFCI breakers, The 60 amp main
is GFCI. In this case since there is no 220v neutral load from the
heater, should I use the neutral load from the 110v stuff to hook to the
30 amp 220v GFCI. To be on the safe side I drove a new ground rod to
compliment the cold water ground and bonded it back to my service panel.
I know there was life and hot tubs before GFCI, I just want to get the
opinion of someone who knows.
No offense Todd H. (my smart-ass young poster) but this is not you. I
appreciate the Yellow pages advise but it wasn't really helpful