Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...

It has been a half
gallon for 50+ years that I know of and all of a sudden we find that
1.75
quarts is a better size? For who? Certainly not the every day
consumer
that
may not have even notices for a few months

Better for the manufacturer, obviously. Like I said in another post:
greed.
[snip]

Greed??? They were getting hammered by local brands and private label,
at
time when the price of raw milk rose drastically.

And I suppose the rising cost of raw milk affected only them, not the
local
brands and private labels too? That won't wash. Increased costs of raw
materials affect all producers.

It affects them to varying extents, depending on how much filler they add
their product.

What would YOU do?

Keep the size the same, raise the price a little, and hammer the point
home in
my advertising that, unlike my competitors, MY product is still the full
two
quarts that the consumers expect and deserve.

And, that leads us right back to the question you snipped, which deals
with
perception, something you don't want to entertain, and which also drives
manufacturer crazy trying to figure out.

It doesn't "lead us right back to [that] question" at all.

Here's the question:

What would have to happen in order for you to pay $6.75 for a half
gallon of ice cream, and to do so 3-4 times a month? If you think that
price
is too high, then name your limit, and describe how you came up with it.

Irrelevant. Stick to the subject, instead of constantly changing it, or
shut
up.

Define the subject you think I'm not addressing and we'll continue.