Doug Miller

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:5gKGe.828

Excuse me, where is the deception in selling a 1.75-quart container that
is
clearly labelled "1.75 quarts"?

Oh, it is perfectly legal. It is just that after selling true half gallon
for more than a half century, shrinking containers is a sleazy, but legal,
method of increasing prices and hoping that the consumer does not notice.
How often do you check the milk container to see if it is still a quart or
half gallon? Do you do it every time you go shopping? Shame on you if
you don't.

I'll repeat a question I asked earlier, which nobody is comfortable
answering: If you were informed of the size change, would that have
satisfied you? If yes, how would you like to be informed?

No, of course not - why would I, or anyone, be satisfied with paying the same
price, for 12.5% less product? That's a disguised price increase of over 14%.
It's sleazy, but as long as the label accurately describes the contents, it's
hardly deceptive.

--
Regards,