Doug Miller

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

It has been a half
gallon for 50+ years that I know of and all of a sudden we find that 1.75
quarts is a better size? For who? Certainly not the every day consumer
that
may not have even notices for a few months

Better for the manufacturer, obviously. Like I said in another post:
greed.
[snip]

Greed??? They were getting hammered by local brands and private label, at a
time when the price of raw milk rose drastically.

And I suppose the rising cost of raw milk affected only them, not the local
brands and private labels too? That won't wash. Increased costs of raw
materials affect all producers.

What would YOU do?

Keep the size the same, raise the price a little, and hammer the point home in
my advertising that, unlike my competitors, MY product is still the full two
quarts that the consumers expect and deserve.

Increase the price beyond a point which, in the minds of consumers, was
already a little edgy, in terms of what they think a half gallon of ice
cream is worth?

It works for Ben & Jerry, and Edy...

--
Regards,