Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..

It has been a half
gallon for 50+ years that I know of and all of a sudden we find that 1.75
quarts is a better size? For who? Certainly not the every day consumer
that
may not have even notices for a few months

Better for the manufacturer, obviously. Like I said in another post:
greed.
[snip]

Greed??? They were getting hammered by local brands and private label, at a
time when the price of raw milk rose drastically. What would YOU do?
Increase the price beyond a point which, in the minds of consumers, was
already a little edgy, in terms of what they think a half gallon of ice
cream is worth?

Try this: What would have to happen in order for you to pay $6.75 for a half
gallon of ice cream, and to do so 3-4 times a month? If you think that price
is too high, then name your limit, and describe how you came up with it.