Mark and Kim Smith

I'll second that. I don't like too much that comes out of Harbor
Freight, but I took a chance on that mixer. Think I caught it on sale
at $139 and some change. I ran over 7 1/2 tons through mine and it is
still ready for more. Perfect for my sporadic schedule of backyard
landscaping. Some pics of the job it did.
http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond7.htm In fact, you can see it in the
background of some of the pics.

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

As much as I hate to say it, my little Harbor Freight mixer (3.5 Cu Ft.)
mixer has done me just fine so far.
That said, I've run about 4 cy through it without problems. I paid about
$189 (USD) for it. I figured if it only
lasts for several yards, then it did what I wanted it to do. I don't plan
to pour much more concrete (or set
adobe blocks in my case).
Cheers,
cc

"Ken Moiarty" wrote in message

Request info as per subject line. Specifically around Surrey/Langley
area, but willing to travel anywhere in greater Vancouver if necessary.
Mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow with a shovel is for the birds. And
mixers cost too much to rent for a time period sufficient to cover for my
haphazard work schedule. So I want to buy my own cement mixer, park it
in the yard, beside my pile of aggregate, where it will be ready for me to
use on a whim.

Home Depot has a couple models for sale (from $650-$850), but I want to
comparison shop. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

Ken