Chris Harris

Default Cylinder v thermal store

Integrated heat banks are the only devices that give full CH/DHW
backup.

Not true, some combis do it now.

Which model. I am a pro, not amateur, and know of no combi that has an
integral electric backup.

C1-5070 and C1-7090 - took me ages to find the brochure having just
moved. You could be right though - looks like it might only be for the
hot water.

Mistral Boilers in Telford. I'm sure they are just plain oil boilers.

Lets have a look. Yes in Telford. They do a good range split into five
categories. Combi, Kitchen, Sealed system, Diamond, and Boiler House. Their
combis only go to 26kW though and I need about 40kW.

I've had a look at their combis at their dealers here and they are the best
built CH boiler that I have seen. Nicely and very well thought out layout,
easy access everywhere. The immersion is in the front just to the right of
the burner IIRC..... Just checked the brochure and it is.

Re-reading the brochure, it looks like the immersion heater gives full
backup. They claim it is a unique feature, and from what you say it seems
that way.

I don't want one though because the dealer doesn't over a servicing service
and his spares are bit on the pricey side.

Chris

--
Remove "nospam." from my address to reply directly