Edwin Pawlowski

"mwlogs" wrote in message
The joist run perpendicular on the new addition to those in the old area,
and we'd really like to keep the floor running the same direction
throughout. the new area is a family room that opens off the new kitchen
that is in the old area. There really isn't a good place to 'transition'
from one direction to the other.

The installers say it isn't an issue, just run it all the one way (which
is perpendicular to the new joist). The general contractor says we should
transition.

If the finished floor is nail to the sub floor, it does not matter. If the
subfloor is plywood, it will not matter.

Sleep well.