Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Ignoramus27279" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:04:53 -0500, RP wrote:

Ignoramus9394 wrote:

thanks, I will try to check it. Resolving intermittent problems is
always a hassle and guesswork.

There is no stuck solenoid, that was BAD guess. Stormin sometimes posts
to hear himself post.
You either have a sticking contactor, pitted contacts on the contactor,
a loose electrical connection, or a high or low pressure switch or other
safety switch not making good contact.

Well, the contactor has a solenoid inside, am I mistaken?

Mistaken, its on the outside..LOL

Stormin is a hack, period. Granted, hes persistant, but his advice over the
years has been dangerous at best, and for the most part, people that have a
clue, and want to have their item running correctly ignore him.
Im states that require a licence, he would have been stripped of it some
time ago.
Here, at best, he would be a class H felon.

Checking a contactor takes about 20 seconds total and thats including to see
if the oxidation on the points is such to prevent proper contact. You either
have bad contact, or you have a bad slide on the unit, so replace it and be
done with it.