Grown up

I'm not sure why you've chosen to be offended by your neighbour's
decisions. Was it because he installed a fence that didn't exactly
meet your expectations at a time which didn't exactly meet your
expectations?
Then you ask thousands of strangers for advice on building a spite
fence.
Then you say you smile and talk politely with him (on one side of your
face) while plotting your ugly revenge (on the other side of your
face).

Perhaps your neighour sensed some inflexibility and immaturity on your
part during your 5-minute chat with him and he decided it was easier
to press on without you.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:31:44 -0400, "giga" wrote:

Hi

I just bought a new home in a new Development. I moved in 1 month before my
neighbor on the right moved in. When I found out that the neighbors moving
in owned a fencing company I decided to wait for their home to be finished
building and for them to move in before putting up a fence. I thought once
they moved in we can discuss and talk what kind and color fence to put
between our homes. Once they moved in we talked for about 5 minutes about
what kind of a fence and color.

Now my house is Light gray brick in the front and white siding and his brown
brick and brown siding. He decided on putting up a frost or wired fence. but
he chose brown for it. For my house I think white would go perfectly. anyhow
I mentioned to him why not black this way it will go with his home and mine
since black would match his brown house too.

Anyhow not 3 days later I left for work and he put up his brown fence
anyways. I called my kids at home and told them to pass the phone to them
and told them I would not pay them anything for the fence since the color
was not what I wanted.
He said fine don't worry about it.

I was and still am ****ed. He put the fence right on the line of our land.
My question is has anyone seen 2 fences side by side ?

I am planning on putting up my own fence on every side of me now. No more
Mr. nice guy anymore. People have said to me its his house he can do
whatever he wants so therefore I am going do whatever I want too.

SO question is has anyone seen 2 fences side by side and does it look stupid
? I was thinking of putting a wood fence 5 foot high with a mesh of a foot
on top for a total of 6 feet. his fence is 5 foot tall. This way he will
have his nice brown fence that matches his home and then see my wooden mesh
of a foot above it.

I am not at war with him. I smile and talk very polite with him. But wait
till he sees what I'm goning to install and i'm going to do it when he is at
work to.

Anyhow I would like to hear your opinions on this situation. and if anybody
else has been in this situation and what did they do.

thanks very much

joeway