James \Cubby\ Culbertson

hmmm, a "Fence War" between a disgruntled homeowner and a Fencing
contractor.
Sounds like the plot for a new reality TV show! Lemme grab my chair and a
few beers to watch this one!
When the fences get to about 12 ft. high and all sorts of obnoxious colors,
a winner could be crowned....
hmmm, what's the Fox Channel phone number?

Seriously, another option you may consider, one which I don't prefer myself,
is to weave those filler panels into the fence.
They're strips of thin metal that you weave into it. You could even paint
your side your color and his side could be painted his color.
Cheers,
cc

"giga" wrote in message
Hi

I just bought a new home in a new Development. I moved in 1 month before
my neighbor on the right moved in. When I found out that the neighbors
moving in owned a fencing company I decided to wait for their home to be
finished building and for them to move in before putting up a fence. I
thought once they moved in we can discuss and talk what kind and color
fence to put between our homes. Once they moved in we talked for about 5
minutes about what kind of a fence and color.

Now my house is Light gray brick in the front and white siding and his
brown brick and brown siding. He decided on putting up a frost or wired
fence. but he chose brown for it. For my house I think white would go
perfectly. anyhow I mentioned to him why not black this way it will go
with his home and mine since black would match his brown house too.

Anyhow not 3 days later I left for work and he put up his brown fence
anyways. I called my kids at home and told them to pass the phone to them
and told them I would not pay them anything for the fence since the color
was not what I wanted.
He said fine don't worry about it.

I was and still am ****ed. He put the fence right on the line of our land.
My question is has anyone seen 2 fences side by side ?

I am planning on putting up my own fence on every side of me now. No more
Mr. nice guy anymore. People have said to me its his house he can do
whatever he wants so therefore I am going do whatever I want too.

SO question is has anyone seen 2 fences side by side and does it look
stupid ? I was thinking of putting a wood fence 5 foot high with a mesh of
a foot on top for a total of 6 feet. his fence is 5 foot tall. This way he
will have his nice brown fence that matches his home and then see my
wooden mesh of a foot above it.

I am not at war with him. I smile and talk very polite with him. But wait
till he sees what I'm goning to install and i'm going to do it when he is
at work to.

Anyhow I would like to hear your opinions on this situation. and if
anybody else has been in this situation and what did they do.

thanks very much

joeway