meirman

In alt.home.repair on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:36:52 -0400 "giga"
posted:

I agree with what you guys a are saying.

But for me it's the principle. Why should he get his nice fence to match his
home? We paid good money for our homes (still paying for the home lol). He
should have been a decent man and talked to me about it. What bothers me is
I could have put mine up before he moved in.

A bitter lesson. A friend of mine who was in law school got a summer
job at a court in Staten Island. He said many people had never owned
their own home before, nor their parents, because they grew up in
apartments in Brooklyn and NY. So there would be a lot of fights over
property, each man thinking owning his house made him a king. The
best example were the two who shared a driveway, but had separate
garages. That's obviously effecient and prevents there being as much
pavement as with 2 driveways.

There was a feud, and one guy built a fence, just on his side of the
property line, down the driveway.

Of course that is not legal because the other guy has an easement to
use the driveway. That's not like your situation. But the first guy
had to pay for the fence, and then pay to take it away.

But I gave him the benefit of
the doubt and said ok lets wait for him and see what happens.

Another thing I didn't mention is I'm up in Canada in the province of Quebec
where French is predominate language. I'm English and he is French so maybe
he feels this is his Province so he thinks he has more right to his own
fence than I did

You're laughing. I thought you were serious.

But I do understand what you guys are saying. but you don't what it feels
like till you have it done to you.

Joeway

Meirman
--