Duane Bozarth

Jennifer wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Jennifer" wrote in message
oups.com...

It does seem rather odd that his fence is directly down the property
line. Isn't some sort of set-back distance usually required?

What he gonna do, Jennifer? Make the neighbor move it? This mess is carved
on stone. Or, concrete, to be precise.

Er, did I **** you off somehow?

It wouldn't be the first time a fence was moved. I actually asked
because one of my co-workers was recently complaining that his township
made him tear down his fence because it was too close to the sidewalk
and six inches too high.

Sorry to offend. (?)

That's just Dougie, Jennifer...

You're entirely right and if the OP really wants to be a prick about the
deal, that's he's recourse (if there is one) to make the other guy go to
a lot of trouble (over, imo, nothing). But, if he (OP) is so upset as
it sounds like, his choices as I see it are either a) do nothing and
seethe eventually suffering ulcers and a heart attack, b) check on
zoning/subdivision requirements and see if he can start a war legally,
or c) grow up and "live and let live".

He taked to the guy for "5 minutes about fence and color" and expected
that to have become a binding contract? With that description of the
conversation I doubt he even couched it in a form the other guy thought
was anything more than a "What ya' goin' do, eh?" kind of thing, what
less a formal request for a cooperative arrangement.