Pop

IMO, no future in it. I've seen parallel fences, and
they are always the result of a fence-war up until
someone violates a code and then all hell really breaks
out.

Have a brewski and go relax; enjoy your yard, relax,
maybe invite him over for a brew too.

If yo can't make that work, there's always "keep your
friends close but your enemies closer". It works.

Pop

"giga" wrote in message
Hi

I just bought a new home in a new Development. I
moved in 1 month before my neighbor on the right
moved in. When I found out that the neighbors moving
in owned a fencing company I decided to wait for
their home to be finished building and for them to
move in before putting up a fence. I thought once
they moved in we can discuss and talk what kind and
color fence to put between our homes. Once they moved
in we talked for about 5 minutes about what kind of a
fence and color.

Now my house is Light gray brick in the front and
white siding and his brown brick and brown siding. He
decided on putting up a frost or wired fence. but he
chose brown for it. For my house I think white would
go perfectly. anyhow I mentioned to him why not black
this way it will go with his home and mine since
black would match his brown house too.

Anyhow not 3 days later I left for work and he put up
his brown fence anyways. I called my kids at home and
told them to pass the phone to them and told them I
would not pay them anything for the fence since the
color was not what I wanted.
He said fine don't worry about it.

I was and still am ****ed. He put the fence right on
the line of our land. My question is has anyone seen
2 fences side by side ?

I am planning on putting up my own fence on every
side of me now. No more Mr. nice guy anymore. People
have said to me its his house he can do whatever he
wants so therefore I am going do whatever I want too.

SO question is has anyone seen 2 fences side by side
and does it look stupid ? I was thinking of putting a
wood fence 5 foot high with a mesh of a foot on top
for a total of 6 feet. his fence is 5 foot tall. This
way he will have his nice brown fence that matches
his home and then see my wooden mesh of a foot above
it.

I am not at war with him. I smile and talk very
polite with him. But wait till he sees what I'm
goning to install and i'm going to do it when he is
at work to.

Anyhow I would like to hear your opinions on this
situation. and if anybody else has been in this
situation and what did they do.

thanks very much

joeway