carl mciver

"Ignoramus23077" wrote in message
| thanks to everyone for your thoughts!
|
| Many pictures and the story in several chapters:
|
| http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Phase-Converter/

SNIP

I don't know jack about RPC's, so I just ask this as a sounding board
for those among us who can verify my concern. Should your contactor have an
overload on it? The overload's job is to protect the equipment if an
overcurrent exists on any or all legs. In essence, it shuts all three
phases off even if one has shorted to ground. Your supplier will have some
or you can trade the contactor in for one that has it. Overloads come with
a holding contact that turns off power to the contactor if an element
overheats.
I know that current in one leg will be lower in an RPC, but as long as
it doesn't exceed the overload element's rating it will work just fine.