Patch

"nospambob" wrote in message
Wife WAS excited about the first good sized tomato ripening then one
morning recently it was gone. Possums have been seen in the
neighborhood, So. Calif. Coast, and we've spotted piles of feces and
presumed possum. Repellants for ants are suggested so I thought this
might bring someting helpful.

I bought a device called "Critter Getter". You mount it on a stake facing
the garden & it detects infa-red from critters & sets off an audible alarm
with strobe lights. It will scare off the pests. Do a "Google" search for
it. I've had mine for 4 years & it's kept the deer & rabbits out of my
garden.