CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, we think the plumber is an idiot
too; which is why we are trying to finish the work ourselves. It
actually all seems fine (except for the lack of valves), but well, he
was just difficult to work with.

Anyway, I looked up online how to turn the gas off and on (and they had
pictures of the valves). The line is capped, and we have a reducer to
attach it to the dryer (and teflon tape for the grooves). We're pretty
sure he turned the gas off at the meter and then turned it back on.
(This was about a month ago, and there have been no problems, so it
seems fine.)

Is there some sort of kit we can buy to add a valve to the currently
capped line before we attach it to the dryer?

Thanks again.

no 'kit' but you can buy a valve at the hardware store. I like to use
the local mom n pop hardware store where they can tell you a thing or
too about what you just bought and how not to kill yourself. Usually
they know one or two people who have almost killed themselves so the
advice is usually solid. Pay a bit more, but its certainly worth it.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert