On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:47:10 -0700, Abrasha
wrote:

JohnM wrote:
Can I assume I can hook comuters with various Windows OS's together with
ethernet cards and coax? If so, will a Win95 OS pretty well know what to
do assuming I can get the thing to recognize the hardware or is it going
to be a real pain to make work?

What sort of cable do these cards need? The same a TV uses by any chance?

Many thanks,

John

Win 95? You might as well commit suicide before you start.

And if you don't know that ethernet cards need Ethernet cables, not coax
cables, you should not even contemplate starting something like this.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

You know too little about the subject to be giving advice.Ethernet can
run over thick co-ax, thin co-ax, double twisted pair (generally
RJ45/Cat5) single twisted pair, fibre optic, or RF - and even IR.

I have worked with all of the above over the last 20+ years. And win95
is a breeze compared to win 3.11 or DOS. Done both of them too.