Carolina Breeze HVAC

wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to hook up a gas dryer to a newly installed gas line a plumber
put in for me. The line doesn't have a shut-off valve, so I was going
to shut the gas off at the main. But the gas company says that if I
turn it off, I have to have them come out and turn the gas back on
(which could take at least a week to schedule).

It seems like it is pretty easy to turn off and back on...one twist of
the valve. Is there really any danger from me just turning it back on
myself?

Thanks!!

Why didnt your plumber follow IBC and put a shut off valve at the
termination of the gas line?
As a licenced gas pipe fitter, this kinda **** scares me...that there are
actually people getting paid for halfassed work.