kiich

Default Removing old boiler (1989) and HW cylinder, putting new one in kitchen and all pipe works - how much?

Hi
Excuse the vague explanation on this - but i have limited knowledge on
the ins and outs of central heating/hot water system with boilers...

Just had a BG guy come around to take a look at out old boiler - the
adviser said it is out of production and is very old and suggested
getting a new one - which I am happy to do.

He also mentioned that we will not be able to put a new boiler there to
just replace it - because the flu to the roof is too small and it is
illegal now to put new ones in the current place (in airing cupboard in
2nd bed room) without altering the existing hole and roof. again, i
have no facts to back this up but taking his word for this one.

He also said that if we get a new combi boiler, we will also need to
change the valves on the radiators for the combi - can someone tell me
why?

So I am happy to:
a) get a new boiler - pref. combi boiler
b) move it into the kitchen and have the work done to drill hole for
the flue etc
c) have the pipe system re-done so that existing pipes going into HW
cylinder etc can be changed for CH and HW to work with the new boiler
d) get rid of the old boiler and HW cylinder

and he's obviously quoted me on this work - and it is as you expect
very expensive.

But my question is - how much should i be looking at roughly for all of
the work above?

I understand that it is a failry big job - and also hard to give me an
estimate - but i am looking at a ball-park figure just to compare.

obviously getting another quote but wanted to know what to expect with
regards to price including labour and parts PLUS estimate on the number
of days for the job.

FYI, BG estimated me 2 to 3 days of work.

thanks