Rob Morley

In article , "Adrian C"
says...
ben wrote:
Thanks to all who've replied. I think we'll probably try for the £7
per hour or about £50-£60 per day mark - that seems quite reasonable
and if someone was paying me to do it, I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, and dont forget his tea breaks and dinner, goes without saying really.
:-)

Dinner? Wish my employer fed me after 5.30pm....

I once worked on a site where the management was a bit clueless and
in danger of running well past the scheduled completion date (it was
a hotel extension, and they couldn't get a contractor to do it within
their price and date requirements, so they tried to manage the job
themselves). They gave us all free dinner (stuff like roast beef,
roast potatoes, veg and gravy, or omelette chips and beans) if we
worked through the evening - I reckon half of them used to go down
the pub after they'd ordered a meal, then come back for dinner before
clocking off.